Deep Space
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An alternate-galaxy RPG adventure inspired by Star Wars

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

FAQs and Facts

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

FAQs and Facts Empty
PostSubject: FAQs and Facts   FAQs and Facts I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 19, 2019 7:35 pm

Q: I'm from TNRPG or a similar RP site. How does Deep Space compare?
A: There's a lot to filter through, but the overarching difference is that Deep Space is almost entirely PvE focused. Your experience here will resemble more of an extended, narrative tabletop game rather than a RP forum. While you're welcome and encouraged to roleplay here without reliance on tabletop mechanics, and you're very much able to carve out an original character with a unique story, the progression of that story will be largely steered by your Game Masters.

Q: What should I be expecting in terms of an endgame?
A: You should expect to start and end your character with the galaxy still in tact, as to continue the game for everyone else. Your character will be able to meet their goals with responsible cooperation with the GMs and a consciousness for the game as a whole. Your character can become very capable in many aspects and even the best in the galaxy at certain things, but you will not be able to survive in the galaxy without allies.

Q: I want an evil character.  How am I supposed to play when most everyone else are a bunch of goodie-two-shoes?

A: Just because your character is of an evil alignment does not mean they would not adventure with more good-aligned characters for their own reasons.  Evil does not necessarily mean wishing the destruction of everything around them; evil
can be self-preservation above all things, evil means justifying good ends, good reward pay, or just not wanting a certain set of bad guys to win despite being a hateful vindictive morally corrupt person.
It should be noted that planets are registered with certain alignments in mind.

Q: But my character DOES want the destruction of all things and world domination!

A: Yikes!  Ask a DM if they have any opportunities available for you to play a plot villain for them.  You won’t be able to play them in the same way you would an actual character, but that’s as close as we can get it for you.  Similarly,
anyone whose character develops in such a no-turning-back kind of way should probably ask that their character be retired into a general use plot character, as well.

Q: Something I want isn’t in the player handbook.  How do I get it?

A: Most of the time it’s as simple as talking to an Admin and confirming what from the original rules can apply to what you want.  If a solution cannot be reached in that manner, that does usually mean it shouldn’t exist.  However, it’s
entirely possible what you want could be created as one of the numerous mods/patches the site has to the core game. 

Q: I fundamentally disagree with the way the game runs.  What can I do about it?

A: Bring it up.  Ask the Admins to look it over.  We don’t plan on varying too far from the core rulebook (better or worse) for simplicity’s sake.  But something that seems dysfunctional enough to bring up is certainly worthy of consideration
to be patched/modded.  The forum’s guidelines, on the other hand, are much more open to change.  Anything that improves the site without compromising its ease-of-access and simplicity is a welcome change.

Q: What are the intentions for the site?

A: The site is intended to host the core Star Wars RPG on an online medium that blends two preferred types of roleplaying: written narrative and game-based roleplaying.  This is mostly for friends who are interested in playing in their
spare time, and the site’s casual and simplistic build reflects this.  We’re not counting on the site taking off and gaining popularity, as that’s not at all the goal, but it is structured in a way that allows growth if it moves in that direction.  There’s
enough established to support the longevity of the site and keep people interested while it’s also something that requires low maintenance and could probably be dropped pretty lightly if interest inevitably drifts.  Summary: it’s a good time, but
nbd~
Back to top Go down
https://deepspace.rpg-board.net

FAQs and Facts
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Deep Space :: OOC :: Rules & Guidelines-
Jump to: